As I start my culinary recovery, I wanted to point out a phenomenal book called "The Flavor Bible." It is written by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg (on sale for around $20 on Amazon). It is purely by chance that I happen to come across this book in the first place. A few years ago when Borders Bookstores were going out of business, I ventured immediately to the food and cookbook section. This one caught my eye with its simple tagline, "the essential guide to culinary creativity." The flavor matching guide is the best part of the book; providing hundreds of pages of flavor affinities in order to maximize each cook's culinary creativity. It is with this book that I base my culinary creativity in the posts to follow.
Thank you for viewing my blog and I hope you enjoy what is to come. My recovery is but a great adventure and exploration of life. To further discover more about myself, using food as my medium, is but an added bonus. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment